Ticket #83 (assigned enhancement)
use ontology to define unit in template fields
|Reported by:||kees.vanbochove@…||Owned by:||business@…|
In the template editor, use an ontology to describe the units.
I would say use 1112 (Units of measurement). Make sure to link that via NCBO ID into the code, so that we can change that later easily (just like with e.g. Subject species).
For Jildau: my thoughts are:
- Units of measurement (1112): http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/42646
- SNOMED Clinical Terms (1353): http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/42789
- NCI Thesaurus (1032): http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/42838
The first is nice and concise, but too strict, e.g. nmol/L is not in there as term, only 'nanomole' and then 'unit per liter'.
The latter is a very broad ontology.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Owner set to business@…
- Component set to Export functionality
- Milestone set to 0.6.2
- Component changed from Export functionality to GSCF in general