Ticket #417 (closed defect: fixed)
Improve 'simple wizard' to also be able to automatically infer study design
|Reported by:||business@…||Owned by:||business@…|
For NMC studies, it is important that the study design can be automatically inferred from an Excel file, which will give at once all entities for the study design, very much like the simple wizard.
The only improvement that needs to be made to the simple wizard is that the study design needs to be inferred.
This can be done as follows:
- Unique subjects, events, sampling events and samples need to be recognized (e.g. if all given fields for a subject are exactly the same in multiple rows, this should be considered the same subject, possibly with multiple different events attached - same for events etc)
- Eventgroup generation will then be done by first determining for each subject all connected events, sampling events and samples, and then creating an event group for each unique combination of events and sampling events (and their field values), thereby hopefully minimizing the number of resulting event groups. Groups can be named by numbers. Finally the subjects, events, sampling events and samples should be linked to those event groups, and the samples to their parent sampling event and subject.
The result of this should be 2 options in the simple wizard:
- Import 'as is' (with the advantage that the study also will be updateable via Excel)
- Import with inferring study design.
After this is implemented we probably will need to take another look at the different create and import options and group them in a logical way for the user.
- Owner changed from business@… to s.h.sikkema@…
- Cc t.w.abma@… added
- Status changed from new to assigned