Ticket #189 (closed defect: fixed)
Clean up unvalidated accounts & account creation
|Reported by:||work@…||Owned by:||work@…|
Currently, accounts need to be validated by clicking a confirmation link in an email upon account creation. Implement functionality for a time limit to confirm account creation. Let's say 3 days? Also put the time limit in the email.
On new account creation the following could apply:
- check if account exists?
- yes, check if it was validated?
- yes --> error account already exists
- no --> has the account been created > 3 days ago?
- yes, remove old account and create new account
- no --> show an error that the account already exists but has not yet been confirmed. If you are the owner check your email and confirm. option to resend email. And show a message in how many hours / days the u confirmed account will expire.
Also, now when an email cannot be sent, you see the password in your page. This should not work like this. A valid email is required, if no valid email is given an account may not be created.