Ticket #185 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Set up an initial version of the 'getting started' wizard
|Reported by:||work@…||Owned by:||work@…|
Description (last modified by work@…) (diff)
Set up a 'getting started' wizard. On a clean installation of gscf the end-user should be presented with a wizard to help set-up the gscf instance. Initially this wizard should contain the collowing changes:
- set up database configuration. This should probably be stored in an external file somewhere. Possible by using the "external-config" plugin
- help define and set up external modules (module definitions and URL's)
- help generate dummy data so you quickly have an instance available to do some initial testing and evaluation with (hence: by moving the BootStrapStudies??, etc into this wizard instead of from the bootstrap)
Note that the latter should not happen when a database instance already has studies in it... Perhaps it should be possible to clean the database.
In the future this wizard should be able to do more, namely:
- import data from an external instance. Initially by some to be determined file format (XML?), and maybe later also by polling from a live instance?
- upgrade SQL schema's in the future?
These two features are currently out of scope, but keep in mind this is the direction we are heading
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Reporter changed from business@… to work@…
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Factor out configuration into a separate configuration file to Set up an initial version of the 'getting started' wizard