Ticket #14 (closed defect: fixed)

Opened 6 years ago

Last modified 6 years ago

(re)ordering template fields doesn't work perfect

Reported by: leny.vanwijk@… Owned by: robert@…
Priority: major Milestone: Should have
Component: Template editor Version:
Keywords: Cc:
Hardware: Operating system: Windows XP
Product: URL:


In Windows XP / Internet Explorer 7:

  1. Re(ordering) fields by dragging does not always work nicely. An example:

I tried to move a field in the acadmeic template between "objectives" and "description". This was not possible. So I moved it above "description", but got an error message then (I could not copy this error but I can repeat it). After this error message (you can remove the message by clicking ok) the field you tried to move seems to be gone. But if you retry to add/modify teh template, the field is not gone. In the case of the new field it appeared at the right under "Available fields". In the case of reordering existing fields the moved field appeared at the bottom of the template.
Another example: I added a new template field in Academic studies, “Related studies”. I wanted it to be beneath the field “Data not in database”. I dragged it to that place, but it persisted in being above “Data not in database” after closing the add/modify pop-up field. After some trials I tried it the other way around, I dragged the “Data not in database” above the “Related studies field”. This worked but the “Data not in database” field now jumped over another field too. Again I could not repair this by dragging “Data not in database” down, so I dragged the field inbetween “Data not in database” and “Related studies” upwards. And also this field moved a field too far upwards…

  1. If you reorder template fields for different templates at a time (switching between templates is possible via “switch”), your new orders are not saved. Only closing the add/modify template pop-up field between reordering different templates keeps your reorderings saved.

Change History

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by business@…

  • Status changed from new to assigned
  • Owner set to robert@…
  • Component set to Template editor
  • Milestone set to 0.7

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by robert@…

  • Status changed from assigned to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

#1 was a bug, that's fixed. #2 was because the fields are reordered using ajax. If the user switched the template before the ajax call was succesfully executed, the reordering was not saved. For that reason, a 'please wait' screen is introduced, when waiting for the ajax calls.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.